Sunday, November 14, 2010

Gail- (aka Nightsongs) shawl - Gail huivi




A colleague of mine very much like my shawl (which wasn't a Gail, but a Lehmus) and I pretty much begged her to let me knit her a scarf (because I love knitting shawls but there's only that many shawls a woman needs). She didn't really have a preference as to the pattern so I chose the Gail because I knit one for myself earlier but it turned out very tiny because I run out of yarn - I liked the pattern and wanted to knit a full size one.

Knitting it was pretty straight forward, the pattern works :) I was still happy though that I had a couple of lifelines there because I made quite a few mistakes (knitting tired and paying too little attention). Only once I had to frog to the closest lifeline though, the rest could be camouflaged by minor corrections over one of the next few rows - no one will notice a difference :)


Työkaverini piti huivistani (joka ei ollut Gail, vaan Lehmus) ja suurin piirtein rukoilin että saisin tehdä hänelle huivin (koska rakastan huivien neulomista, mutta nainen tarvitsee vain x määrän huiveja). Hänellä ei oikeastaan ollut mitään tiettyä mallia mielessä joten valitsin Gailin koska tein sellaisen itselleni aiemmin mutta siitä tuli kovin pieni koska lanka loppui kesken - pidin mallista ja halusin tehdä täysikokoinsen huivin.

Huivin neulominen oli aika helppoa, ohje oli hyvä. Silti olin onnellinen että oli muutama 'turvaköysi' matkan varrella koska tein muutaman virheen (väsyneenä kun neuloo ja kiinnittää asiaan liian vähän huomiota). Vain kerran tarvitsi purkaa lähimpään turvanaruun kuitenkin, loput sain naamioitua tekemällä muutaman korjauksen jollakin seuraavista riveistä - eikä kukaan huomaa eroa :)


pattern: Gail (aka Nightsongs)
ohje: Gail (eli Nightsongs
)

yarn: Novita Rose Mohair colour offwhite 010, 65% acrylic/35% mohair, 50g = 190m, 17st + 23 rows = 10cm
lanka: Novita Rose Mohair, luonnonvalk. 010, 65% akryyli/35% mohair, 50g = 190m, 17s + 23 krs = 10cm

needles: 5mm 60cm circs
puikot: 5mm 60cm pyöröt

yarn consumption: 184g
langanmenekki: 184g

size: 240cm x 115cm
koko: 240cm x 115cm

started: October 28
aloitettu: lokakuun 28

finished: November 14
valmis: marraskuun 14



No comments: