Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Wedding shawl - häähuivi








I am getting married in June, an to go with my dark green dress (which is only fabric so far - I am trying to tell myself that I might get into a hurry if I don't start sewing soon, seen that I also have 4 bridesmaids dresses to sew :)) I have crocheted this shawl with the salomon's knot technique. It was easy and nice. I decided to add a green border since I just happened to stumble across the right colored green mohair, It looks a bit stupid like this on it's own, but with the dress it will be stunning. I also added (which took forever like...) small dark green beads - I accidentally stumbled across them too :) I think it's very nice, wait until you get a picture of the scarf with the dress, you'll be amazed.

Menen naimisiin kesäkuussa ja virkkasin tällaisen huivin joka sopii tumman vihreän mekkoni kanssa (toistaiseksi kankaana, olen yrittänyt toitottaa itselleni että kiire voi tulla kun pitäisi ommella oman mekon lisäksi neljä mekkoa morsiusneidoille...:)) Se on tehty salomonin-solmu tekniikalla ja se oli hauskaa ja helppoa. Koska törmäsin juuri oikeanväriseen vihreään mohairiin päätin lisätä vihreän reunuksen huiviin. Näin yksinään kuvattuna se näyttää hieman hölmöltä, mutta tummanvihreän leningin kanssa se on varmasti upea. Lisäsin myös tummanvihreitä helmiä kun kerta vahingossa törmäsin niihinkin:) Minusta tämä on kaunis, odottakaa vain kun saatte nähdä kuvan tästä yhdessä leningin kanssa, te häikäistytte vallan.


pattern: basic technique from Novita magazine fall 2007, the design is my own
ohje: solmuohje Novitan syys 2007 lehdestä, huivin design oma

yarn: Sandnes Kitten Mohair 30% mohair / 20% wool / 50% courtelle
lanka: Sandnes Kitten Mohair 30% mohairia / 20% villaa / 50% courtelle

yarn consumption: 100g white, 16g green, total 116g
langanmenekki: 100g valkoista, 16g vihreää, yhteensä 116g

size: approx 50cm x 200cm
koko: suunnilleen 50cm x 200cm

needle: 2,5mm crochet hook
puikko: 2,5mm virkkuukoukku

other: beads, lots of them
muuta: helmiä, paljon



1 comment:

MinnaKR said...

Ihana! Odotan kuvaa hääleningin kanssa:)