Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Joker started - Jokeri aloitettu

I have previously always been wondering while reading other blogs how some people can have even five or six projects at the same time and seem to keep track and enjoy it. I always only had one (here we don't take into count those dumped to the bottom of the basket because there's a mistake or lack of inspiration) until I started making little things for people I work with. Suddenly I realized how fun it is and also how handy it comes in sometimes to be able to say to people 'oh yes, I have indeed started it already' :)

I don't knit with a schedule and I rather do not promise to make something ready for a certain date. I am after all a full-time-working mother of two with husband(to-be) and a house to take care of. Beside work I do not need any more musts in my life :) Now I have made an exception though and promised to make a vest the same as I made for my truly for my friends father for Christmas. I am glad Christmas is still a good two months away.

All the same I started this joker hat for my godchild yesterday, I just happened to have a yellow day :) Originally this hat was made out of double Alpaca yarn but that is hard to come by as well as expensive so when I figured this fine Finnish yarn is about the same I went for it.

Minä aina muiden käsityöblogeja lueskellessani ajattelin, etten mitenkään voisi pitää useampaa työtä kerralla menossa (eikä lasketa sellaisia pari vuotta jo laatikossa istuneita jotka ei etene inspiraation puutteen vuoksi, ehkä joku virhe tai jotain...), mutta nyt kun tilauksesta teen pikkutöitä, niin huomaan miten kivaa se on, ja välillä myös välttämätöntä - pääsee sanomaan useammalle ihmiselle että joo, olen aloittanut sen jo :)

Ei vaan, en minä yleensä ota aikataulutettuja töitä ellen ole ihan varma että aikaa on todella reilusti sillä olen kuitenkin työssäkäyvä ihminen jolla on muutakin elämää kuin neulominen, en halua (varsinaisen palkkatyön lisäksi) mitään pakkopullaa. Nyt tosin olen luvannut tehdä ystäväni Kaarinan isälle jouluksi slipoverin kun tuo mieheni tekele niin miellytti :) onhan tässä kaksi kuukautta aikaa, ei aiheuttane paniikkia.

Eilen kuitenkin aloittelin keltaista jokeripipoa kun sattui keltainen päivä kohdalle :) Alunperin tämä hauska myssy oli tehty kaksinkertaisesta alpakkalangasta, mutta koska sitä on hankala saada ja on kallista päädyin loistavaan kotimaiseen lankaan kun sattui tiheydeltään olemaan samanvahvuista.


No comments: